Additional Key Markets
Clutches & Brakes
VCS Series Disc Brake Caliper
VCS Mk4 Disc Brake Caliper
The VCS Mk4 Disc Brake Caliper is comprised of two modules located on either side of a mounting plate which could be made to accommodate brake discs of 20mm and over. Each module consists of a spring pack to provide the clamping/braking force. Minimum disc diameter is 500 mm.
Normally one or two calipers are used per disc, but the number may be increased depending on disc size. The brakes may be positioned at any angle around the periphery of the disc, but should ideally be mounted horizontally (i.e. at the 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock position). A range of brake discs are available from Twiflex.
Braking force ratings are achieved through a combination of shim number and air gap setting. Spring fatigue life is a function of the caliper rating.
The Twiflex VKCS-FL disc brake caliper comprises a single spring module forming the 'active' side of this floating unit and is available for use where space is limited or to accommodate axial disc float of ±6mm.
Braking force ratings are achieved through a combination of shim number and air gap setting. Spring fatigue life is a function of the caliper rating. The ratings shown in the table are based on fully bedded in and conditioned brake pads with a nominal friction coefficient µ = 0.4. Twiflex disc brakes must be used with Twiflex asbestos free brake pads.
Effective disc radius = actual radius (m) - 0.064m.
- Custom finishes and protection to suit the installed environment
- Protects against ascending overspeed and unintended movement
- Ensures stoppage in a smooth and safe manner when experiencing power or other system failure
- Braking force from 14 kN to 62 kN
- Highly modular-greater braking torques achievable with use of multiple brakes
- Low pad pressures-Pad area = 296.8 cm2 (2 pads)
- Hydraulic power supply units also available