Additional Key Markets
Clutches & Brakes
Wichita Clutch UK
Marine Low Inertia Clutch
The Wichita Air-Tube Disc Clutch combines all the best features of the disc type clutch with all the advantages of the direct air engagement. The simplest and most trouble-free method of applying air pressure is through direct axial pressure application by compressed air in a special composition full-circle tube.
Wichita Clutches engage smoothly without noise, shock or impact and release completely in a fraction of a second. Extremely fast action is possible because of the small volume of air required.
Clutches may be slipped moderately to control the acceleration rate.
When large inertia loads are powered from electric motors, smooth, controlled slip starts by Wichita Clutches can keep power demands below the allowed maximum.
Heat generated by controlled slipping or high cycle rate operation is dissipated by the centrifugal blower design of these units.
Wichita Low Inertia and Very Low Inertia Clutches and Brakes are designed to be completely free from effects of centrifugal force and self energization.
Torque developed is in direct proportion to air pressure applied.
These clutches and brakes interface well with automated controls through simple air and/or electric circuits.
Water cooled, copper disc clutches are available for use when power transmission needs require excessive or constant slipping which demands higher heat dissipation.
Wichita Clutches operate perfectly when teamed with Wichita Brakes in production situations requiring tension control, cyclic duty, or positioning.
Wichita Brakes have the same outstanding performance characteristics as Wichita Clutches.
- For heavy duty marine & offshore drive applications Specially designed for quill-shaft mounting
- Large friction area provides good control even in arduous start up conditions
- This air applied clutch is available in 1,2,3 or 4 plate designs to suit torque, heat, response
- Integral housing for quill support bearing
- Air applied clutch with full circle friction discs
- Air connection via rotary coupling mounted directly into front of clutch for fastest response time
- For dry use only
Bedford MK42 9RD - England
2800 Fisher Rd.
Wichita Falls, TX 76302 - USA