FH Series Flywheel Coupling
The FH is a coupling with progressive characteristics where the dynamic torsional stiffness is enhanced with increasing coupling load. This type of coupling gives a distinct advantage in installations where a wide speed range is required, and where the torque increases with speed. The resulting characteristics provide the FH coupling with a relatively low torsional stiffness that places the critical speed below the operational speed of the system. This design is intended for higher inertia loads such as a compressor, centrifugal pump, blower, and generator. The coupling will fit all SAE flywheels from SAE 6.5 through SAE 18. The variable durometer inserts can provide torque capacities up to 9999.1570125NM (88,500 in-lbs).
- HIGH TORQUE CAPACITY - The FH coupling can accommodate applications up to 9999.1570125NM (88,500 in-lbs).
- MAXIMUM VIBRATION DAMPENING - The rubber grommets are available in three durometers 50, 60 and 75 shore A. The FH can be tailored to fit your application and reduce engine vibration to your driven equipment.
- ENVIRONMENT - The coupling can operate in temperatures of -25 to 195 degrees Fahrenheit.
- REDUCED SPLINE FRETTING - The FH coupling hub is made from a high strength cast iron that provides a sacrificial self-lubricating interface. The dampening characteristics of cast iron aid to reduce transmitted vibration as well. As a result of the design there is minimal maintenance required.
- NO LUBRICATION REQUIRED - No need to lubricate coupling during service. We incorporate a rubber lubricant for ease of installation, however during service there is no lubrication required.