Additional Key Markets
Mining & Aggregate
Clutches & Brakes
Model HSB Backstopping Clutch
HSB units are intended for use as backstops on the high speed shaft or intermediate shaft of reducers and as holdbacks on the headshaft of conveyors. They use standard FSO Series clutches with the addition of an oil reservoir made from an aluminum casting with cooling fins. HSB models are designed to permit free oil flow between clutch and reservoir to provide increased cooling capacity and increase backstop life.
- 8 different sizes Bore range: 0.437 to 7.0 in.
- Torque range: 300 to 27,000 lb.ft.
- Speed range: 0 to 2,900 RPM
- Designed for rebuilding & reducing long-term operation costs
- Removable torque arm & easier installation
- Formchrome sprags for longer wear life
- Free action retainer tolerates larger concentricity fluctuations
- Full range of options including set collars and restraint keys