Additional Key Markets
Mining & Aggregate
Winders & Hoists
Clutches & Brakes
Hydraulic Multi-Disc Clutch KMS....THC
- Need for a clutch to engage/disengage the Thruster-Propulsion-System, arranged between the diesel engine and the thruster gearbox. High torque with low dimensions and hydraulically operated.
- Stand-alone version which means outside of the thruster gearbox.
- Mounting position in the machine room or “on Deck” as well.
- Coming-Home function in case of emergency.
A hydraulically operated clutch with high power density, a compact design and a stand-alone solution. A conceptual design of a hydraulically operated Multi-Disc clutch (KMS...THC) based on our approved KMS clutches offering pre-treatment against corrosion protection for “on Deck” installation.
The new KMS...THC is designed for thruster applications, where a clutch with a reliable safety torque transfer is required.
Emergency switching device for coming-home, radial arrangement with bolts to allow manual engagement/disengagement of the clutch in case of any failure of pressure supply.
KMS...THC Series has been designed for use in Thruster-Propulsion-Systems all over the world. Various sizes are available. The clutch is arranged between diesel engine and gearbox.
- No internal oil cooling necessary
- Clutch housing on bearings for applications outside of the gears
- Clutch in protective closed housing
- Direct connection e.g. of a PTO