Additional Key Markets
Off-Highway / Construction
Aerial Platforms Lifts
Guard-Flex® Flywheel Coupling
The Guard-Flex is a torsionally soft, vibration dampening coupling that has an in-shear design. Along with excellent vibration dampening the coupling will offer protection to both the engine and driven equipment when higher inertias are present. The coupling acts as a mechanical fuse, in the event of an overload condition. The coupling is designed to fail through the rubber and shear. Three elastomers are available from stock to provide the proper dampening and stiffness required for your application.
The Guard-Flex rubber is offered in 45, 55, and 65 shore A durometers. The design also incorporates axial, radial, and angular misalignment to help reduce forces to the driven equipment. The Guard-Flex will fit applications with a SAE 7.5 through SAE 11.5 flywheel, and is rated up to 61.1474 KW (82 HP). Ideal applications include rotary screw compressors, centrifugal pumps, blowers, generators, and hydraulic pumps.
- TWO PIECE DESIGN - The Guard-Flex is a two piece design that incorporates straight, splined, and tapered shafts.
- MAXIMUM VIBRATION DAMPENING - The over molded elastomer is available in three durometers 45, 55, and 65 shore A. The Guard-Flex can be tailored to fit your application and reduce engine vibration to your driven equipment.
- IN SHEAR DESIGN - The molded rubber allows the Guard-Flex coupling to act as a mechanical fuse if an over load condition would occur. It is also highly flexible and has a large torsional angle for shock loading.
- ENVIRONMENT - The coupling can operate in temperatures of -10 to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- NO LUBRICATION REQUIRED - The materials selected for the Guard-Flex allows the coupling to operate without the use of lubrication and is virtually maintenance free.
- ECONOMICAL SOLUTION - The Guard-Flex by Guardian is an affordable way to provide maximum dampening to your small engine projects up to 61.1474 KW (82 HP).
300 Indiana Highway 212
Michigan City, IN 46360 - USA