Oil & Gas
Americardan 5000 and 3000 Series U-Joints
Designed for operation at high misalignment angles up to 15º. Bearing and seal design resists lubrication loss and contamination. Ideal for use in severe atmospheric conditions. Superior materials and tight tolerances have proven to reduce vibration levels in rolling mills.
5000 Series are high torque designs ideal for applications with diameter restrictions such as cold mills. Catalog sizes range from 225 mm to 860 mm swing diameters and peak torque capacities up to 5647 kNm. Higher torque, custom designs are available in excess of 1200 mm swing diameter.
3000 Series are rated for high misalignment angles and are available in catalog sizes from 55 mm to 860 mm swing diameters and peak torque capacities up to 3153 kNm. Higher torque, custom designs are available in excess of 1000 mm swing diameter. Sizes 3440 and larger incorporate a unique inner race design within the bearing package to reduce routine repair costs by approximately 50%.
- One-piece yoke delivers a high degree of strength with minimum distortion under load.
- One-piece bearing housing reduces the number of bolted connections improving reliability.
- Zero clearance bearing housing retention provides extended service life.
- Multiple rows of precision roller bearings reduce bearing end loading extending service life.
- Additional wing bearing C and J Series and smaller round bearing 2000 Series available.
1802 Pittsburgh Avenue
Erie, PA. 16502-1943