Additional Key Markets
Oil & Gas
Ship Propulsion Shafts
Clutches & Brakes
Turning, Locking & Braking System
A Superior Solution From A Single Source
The Twiflex system comprises a Turning gear, Locking device, and shaft Brake (TLB) together with a power unit (e.g. Hydraulic Powerpack) and a control panel for local operation of the system close to the equipment. TLB is available as a continuous turning option as shown or as an indexing system using a simple hydraulic ‘push-pull’ arrangement with the brakes and brake disc to inch the propeller shaft for maintenance and accurate alignment. For a more cost effective solution, a simple manual option is also available for this purpose.
Benefits of a Complete Integrated System
When purchasing a complete turning gear system integrated with locking and braking from Altra, customers can consolidate 3 separate interfaces into one multi-functional solution: Turning ‘T’, Locking ‘L’, and Braking ‘B’, which enables customers to save dimensional space, decrease installation and maintenance time and reduce costs!
- Turning Torques up to 454kNm speeds up to 2.6 rpm depending on configuration.
- Braking torques up to 862 kNm based on the standard range.
- Custom disc sizes available.
- Wide range of proven brakes: spring applied or pressure applied, pneumatic or hydraulic
- Manual Turning and Locking available for power failure condition
- Infinite positioning
- Fixed speed in both directions (variable as an option)
- Balanced load profile
- Balanced braking
- Quicker & safer stopping
- Local and Remote operation to suit customer preference