Additional Key Markets
Oil & Gas
Clutches & Brakes
AquaMakks Water Cooled Clutches & Brakes
AquaMaKKs water cooled clutches and brakes are designed to provide accurate torque control for heavy-duty tensioning applications.
AquaMakks™ clutches and brakes are pneumatically or hydraulically controlled and water cooled. They consist of a series of alternating friction discs and water jackets. Torque is transmitted by applying axial force from the pneumatic, hydraulic, or spring set actuator. Copper wear plates are used for excellent heat dissipation. Models are available in 19", 25", and 36" diameter sizes. Torque ranges from 55,440 in.lb. @ 80 PSI to 1,596,000 in.lbs. @ 100 PSI.
- Durable air tube design with high strength reinforced neoprene air-tubes, offering longer service life
- Water channels for balanced water flow for the highest thermal capacity
- Long-lasting friction material with minimal wear on mating copper
- Copper alloy wear plates enable higher heat transfer than any other metals
- Hub spline provides perfect alignment of rotating discs
- External air & water connections
- Release springs ensure complete disengagement
- Adjustment for wear is easily accomplished by removing shims without any unit disassembly
- Unique torque pin column arrangement provides structural integrity of case
- Open case design with covers for safe, simple, visual inspection and easy maintenance
- All AquaMakks units are provided with a Marine protection package for enhanced durability in any operating environment
2800 Fisher Rd.
Wichita Falls, TX 76302 - USA
Bedford MK42 9RD - England