Additional Key Markets
Coal Fired Power Plants
Clutches & Brakes
GMR Series Disc Brake Caliper
The Twiflex GMR and GMR40 series of disc brake calipers is suitable for use with discs of 25.4mm, and 40mm thick respectively. Minimum disc diameter is 610mm.
Normally one or two calipers are used per disc, but the number may be increased depending on disc size. The brakes may be positioned at any angle around the periphery of the disc, but should ideally be mounted horizontally (i.e. at the 3 o’clock or 9 o’clock position). If the caliper mounting angle is greater than 10° from the horizontal, or on vertical shaft applications, it should be fitted with an inclined mounting kit. A range of brake discs is available from Twiflex (see Disc and Hub Assemblies).
For pneumatic operation use dry, filtered and non-lubricated compressed air. Pneumatic brakes require a control valve, operated either manually or by pneumatic or electrical signal.
The ratings shown on the graphs are based on fully bedded in and conditioned brake pads with a nominal friction coefficient μ = 0.4. Twiflex disc brakes must be used with Twiflex asbestos free brake pads.
Effective disc radius = actual radius (m) – 0.06m.
- Twiflex Line Card
- P-7398-C - Heavy Duty & Overrunning Clutch Brake Group Overview
- P-7433-C - HDOCB Engineering Capabilities
- GMRW Disc Brake Caliper
- DB3604 - GMR Mk 2 and GMR40 Mk 2 - Disc Brake Caliper
- DB3605 - GMR-H and GMR40-H Disc Brake Caliper - Hydraulically Applied, Spring Released
- DB3606 - GMR-P and GMR40-P Disc Brake Caliper - Air Applied, Spring Released
- P-1648-TF - Industrial Disc Brakes Catalog