Clutches & Brakes
Multi-Plate Disc Brakes
Wichita Clutch, utilising technology developed alongside sister-company Industrial Clutch Corporation, produces "wet" brake solutions that generate torque through shearing of the oil layer: This technology, when used for dynamic braking, results in negligible lining wear and is therefore ideal for the limited-access nature of submerged turbine installations. Dry multi-plate units are produced in both brake and clutch derivatives; the latter may be used to provide over-load protection of the drive train when configured as a torque-limiting device.
- Customised spring-applied 'wet' brake units may be configured to provide up to 3MNm dynamic torque
- Proven in industrial,marine and tidal turbine applications
- Oil-in-shear technology; dynamic braking with no wear and no debris
- Rapidly biodegradable hydraulic fluid (fully decomposed by water organisms without affecting the environment)
- Designs in excess of 3 MNm dynamic torque rating
- Highly customisable design to optimise the brake package for torque in the available space
- Stub or through-shaft layouts
- High thermal and smooth engagement performance
2800 Fisher Rd.
Wichita Falls, TX 76302 - USA
Bedford MK42 9RD - England