Engineered Bearing Assemblies
Sliding Door Hinge Assemblies
For more than 30 years, ever since Chrysler introduced the first minivan, Kilian has been the global leader in the design and manufacture of custom bearings used in automotive sliding door applications. Our long and deep experience with sliding doors used by all major OEMs makes Kilian uniquely qualified to design and support these challenging applications.
- Over 90 years of experience in providing customized design solutions
- Over 30 years of experience making automotive sliding van door bearings
- Robust ISO/TS 16949:2009 Quality System
- Custom-designed materials, heat treatment, lubrication and part geometry
- Durability testing to baseline design performance
- FEA analysis to accelerate and validate the development process
- Project management expertise
- Talented design engineers who become part of your engineering team
- Highly skilled non-union workforce
- Value-added product features, such as integral attachment mechanisms and injection molded components
- High volume capability from our Syracuse, NY facility
- Bearing design and manufacturing for vehicular sliding door applications are particularly challenging due to the inherent variation in door systems. Kilian bearings overcome many of these challenges with time-tested designs that provide excellent performance.
- Bearings are specifically designed for the unique application parameters.
- Materials, heat treatment, plating, lubrication and part geometry are selected for each component based on application criteria.
- Proprietary lubrications, engineered plastics, custom race geometries, and electroplating are individually specified to satisfy each customer's unique performance requirements.