Engineered Bearing Assemblies
Steering Suspension Strut Assemblies
Kilian is a recognized leader in the design and manufacture of custom bearings used in automotive steering suspension strut applications. Our extensive experience with major OEMs makes Kilian uniquely qualified to design and support bearing solutions for this challenging application.
- Over 90 years of experience in providing customized design solutions
- Over 30 years of experience making automotive steering suspension bearings
- Robust ISO/IATF 16949 Quality System
- Custom-designed materials, heat treatment, lubrication and part geometry
- Durability testing to baseline design performance
- FEA analysis to accelerate and validate the development process
- Project management expertise
- Talented design engineers who become part of your engineering team
- Highly skilled non-union workforce
- Value-added product features, such as integral attachment mechanisms and injection molded components
- High volume capability from our Syracuse, NY facility
- Bearing design and manufacturing for vehicular steering suspension applications are particularly challenging due to the harsh environmental conditions in which the bearings must successfully operate. Kilian overcomes these application challenges with time-tested designs that provide excellent performance.
- Bearings are specifically designed for the unique application parameters.
- Materials, heat treatment, plating, lubrication and part geometry are selected for each component based on application criteria.
- Proprietary lubrications, engineered plastics, custom race geometries, and electroplating are individually specified to satisfy each customer’s unique performance requirements.