Engineered Bearing Assemblies
Transmission/Transfer Case Assemblies
For more than 20 years, Kilian has provided customized design solutions for bearings and detents used in this demanding automotive application. Kilian’s expertise in transmissions and transfer cases focuses primarily on shift detents, planetary gear sets and assemblies used to control hydraulic pressure. We specialize in identifying the best materials, heat treatment, lubrication, bearing type and part geometry that will provide the best performance at the lowest overall cost. In most cases, we can also provide integral attachment features that make it easy to install the product and also eliminates the need to source and stock a fastener and perform an assembly operation. In addition, we can add engineered overmolded plastics to a design to provide a solution for an application that requires a non-magnetic characteristic.
- Over 90 years of experience in providing customized design solutions
- Over 20 years of experience making automotive transmission and transfer case bearings and detents
- Robust ISO/IATF 16949 Quality System
- Custom-designed materials, heat treatment, lubrication and part geometry
- Durability testing to baseline design performance
- FEA analysis to accelerate and validate the development process
- Project management expertise
- Talented design engineers who become part of your engineering team
- Highly skilled non-union workforce
- Value-added product features, such as integral attachment mechanisms and injection molded components
- High volume capability from our Syracuse, NY facility
- Bearing design and manufacturing for vehicular transmission and transfer case applications are particularly challenging due to durability, cleanliness requirements and tight packaging. Kilian bearings overcome these challenges with time-tested designs that provide excellent performance.
- Bearings are specifically designed for the unique application parameters.
- Materials, heat treatment, plating, lubrication and part geometry are selected for each component based on application criteria.
- Proprietary lubrications, engineered plastics, custom race geometries, and electroplating are individually specified to satisfy each customer’s unique performance requirements.