Additional Key Markets
The safety caliper type SHD1 is the smallest and the most compact of
its range. This brake meets the exacting requirements of wind turbines
rotor braking applications.
Robust construction and simplicity of operation bring to this caliper a
It allows an easy mounting and maintenance, and insures maximum
efficiency in the most severe environmental conditions.
The modular design of the SHD1 caliper enables standardisation on
multiple installations: availability in a large range of torque and possible
association with different disc thicknesses and diameters.
- Hydraulic caliper
- Direct acting caliper - Braking by spring application
- Short response time
- Designed for 200,000 cycles
- Compact and lightweight design
- Strain absorbing system with column
- Low temperature materials and marine protection
- Thick linings - Organic or sintered lining pads
- Operating conditions :
- Dynamic braking : -30°C to +70°C
- Brake applied (parking): -40°C to +70°C
- Braking Force up to 11 kN
- indicators of opening, lining wear and temperature
- SHD1L : caliper with manual wear compensation at half wear