Additional Key Markets
Amerigear® Gear Couplings
Amerigear®.., the first, the finest... flexible coupling with Fully-Crowned Gear Teeth. In contrast with ordinary gear tooth forms, the Amerigear Fully-Crowned Tooth represents the ultimate achievement in the art of gear tooth design, wherein all three working portions of the tooth are crowned.
As a result, the teeth act much like a rocking chair, capable of sliding freely in the axial direction without digging or gouging the internal mating teeth. Because of this design advantage, Amerigear Flexible Couplings with Fully-Crowned Gear Teeth offer operational benefits of maximum load-carrying capacity with minimum size, maximum reliability and long life.
- Over 10" diameter bore capacity
- Highest torque ratings at a full 1-1/2 degree of misalignment
- Torque capacity of over 1,000,000 in-lbs
- High axial capacity
- Standard design allows for installation flexibility (reverse mount hubs for unexpected shaft gaps)
- AGMA standard design for interchangeability
- Large stock of rough bore inventory available
- Both O-ring and metal seal models are available
- Strong, rigid floating sleeve
- Precision-machined identical hubs
- Positive dust-tight seals