Additional Key Markets
FL Series Flywheel Coupling
The FL is a two-piece flywheel coupling used on off-highway construction equipment such as skid steer loaders, aerial lifts, excavators, and many other mobile hydraulic applications. The FL product is our oldest line, and has decades of proven success in the field. Not only is the FL our oldest product line, it is our most economical design! The design consists of a glass reinforced nylon flywheel flange that will fit both SAE and metric flywheels. The mating hub is produced from sintered steel and can be used on both splined and straight shafts. The FL product is considered a torsionally stiff design, and does not require lubrication. This design is interchangeable with other popular coupling brands.
- MINIMUM SPACE - The entire coupling length is normally mounted inside the housing compartment requiring only a flat steel pump mounting plate which we also manufacture. Engine Housings also available for non-standard SAE engine housings for Kubota, Perkins, Ford, GM, Yanmar, Isuzu, and Deutz.
- FREE AXIAL TRAVEL - Crowned teeth slide freely in the nylon spline with a +-.080" axial travel. Any shaft float is absorbed by the coupling and not transmitted to the pump components.
- BLIND ASSEMBLY - Pump hub gear ring fits through the pilot hole of the plate. Faster assembly at lower cost and no inspection ports or hand holes necessary.
- CROWNED GEAR TEETH - Provides for angular misalignment, preventing angular force on the pump shaft bearings and seals.
- HEAT STABLE - Fiberglass reinforced nylon designed to operate in diesel engine ambients without air circulation. Dimensionally stable to 250°F.