Supporting Our Customers in Uncertain Times
To Our Valued Customers,
While COVID-19 is new and some of the challenges it poses are unique, our commitment to you remains the same: To be a trusted partner, able to meet your needs with unparalleled service and dedication. With the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, we are executing on our two highest priorities:
1. Health and Safety – A top priority at Altra Motion is the safety of our employees, our customers, and our communities.
With information evolving hourly, Altra has deployed our Business Continuity Task Force to help determine the best course of action to ensure that our employees and customers remain safe and healthy. Following the current guidance from the leading government and health authorities, we are taking a measured approach to responding to the challenges posed by this illness including the following:
- We have activated our own Pandemic Response Plan and are staying current with actions to prevent and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- We have implemented a “no visitor” policy in all of our locations.
- We have suspended non-essential travel and have implemented a “work-from-home” strategy for all personnel who are able to perform their jobs remotely. Our field sales team remains available to support you utilizing virtual technology (teleconference, video conference, etc.).
- We are communicating regularly with our employees about preventative measures such as improved hygiene and social distancing, and advising employees to stay home if they feel sick, have been in contact with someone suspected of being infected, or have traveled to high risk areas.
- We have increased the depth and frequency of our cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
2. Continuity of Supply – In concert with maintaining a safe and healthy work environment, Altra is taking all the necessary steps to help ensure a continuity of supply for our customers.
The Altra Supply Chain Team is proactively working with all our suppliers to keep current and manage the evolving needs of our customers. In many cases, we have multiple suppliers for critical components and materials, redundant manufacturing capacity in many of our businesses and strong relationships with our suppliers that we will leverage where possible.
Currently, these proactive steps are working for us. However, as the situation evolves, we recognize there may be additional steps needed and we will proactively communicate with our customers if we believe they could be adversely affected. Our senior leadership team remains vigilant and is monitoring the situation in real time and responding rapidly as conditions evolve.
We remain highly committed to bringing you our very best service while providing our employees and you, our customers, the support needed in these uncertain times.